Saturday, May 15, 2010

What I Learned Throughout the Course

What have i learned during this class this semester? Where do i start? I learned pretty much everything i need to know about group communication. I am sure there is still quite a good amount of group communication that was not taught in this class but i feel like we went over a very large amount of different things throughout the semester. Even though it is an online comm class, it feels like it was still very helpful in teaching me about group communication. I may not know everything there is to know about group comm but i know that i know a lot more about it now than before starting this class and i feel like if i continue to study the material it will help me even more. In this class, my two favorite topics were probably arguments and claims. Especially subjetive and objective claims. It was good to learn about what they are and how they may apply to group comm. A good example would be for our group facilitation paper. I learned a lot throughout this class and that is for sure.

4 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with you on everything that you said. I didn’t know where to begin either while writing my blog. This semester seems to have gone by so fast, and yet, there was so much information and concepts we’ve learned. I never thought I’d learn so much from just an online class, but I guess I was wrong. the group facilitation project was also a fun and great way for me to review all the concepts we went over and to apply them to our daily lives and through other people’s discussions. It was encouraging for me to see that so many of the concepts I’ve learned through this class came up without any of my friends even realizing they were doing anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have learned much from this class about group communication, arguments, and claims. I would have to agree that by two favorite things to learn about and will probably never forget are the two concepts on subjective and objective claims. For me the group facilitation really opened my eyes on how common the course concepts we used are incorporated into regular arguments and discussion. It was nice to be able to analyze and know what it was the person argument was using to persuade the group on their decision. Overall this was a great class that has taught me a lot with the group assignments and readings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree with the information learned about group communication. I felt that the group communication book provided us with a lot of helpful tactics and info about working together with others. In my opinion, I found this book more helpful than the Epstein text, as I feel that the lessons in the group communication book will come in handy more than what I learned from the Epstein text. I also like your point about the class being online. Usually, you would think that a class that met in a room, where people can interact, would be better at providing examples for group communication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree about learning a lot on group communication. I usually like working alone and in many ways I still do. However, I was more comfortable doing the group projects in this class than any other classes. I'm not sure if it is because of what I have learned or because the group never met in person. However, I felt like we communicated really well so I think it is because I learned a few things about group communication. That coupled with what I learned about arguments makes me feel like I learned a lot from this course even though it was an online class.

    ReplyDelete