Friday, March 5, 2010

Internet Advertisements

Internet ads can be found everywhere on the internet. They are extremely annoying and you can't get away from them. It is easy to shrug off about ninety five percent of them but there are some that definitely catch your eye. There is this one on www.knbr.com that pops up everytime i visit the site. It is for the Blackmon Legal Group which is centered somewhere in San Francisco and it is apparently a very good lawfirm. I just clicked into it because it is always there so i wanted to see what it was. The claim in makes is that it's the best injury law firm in the bay area. Considering I don't know about any of the lawfirms in the bay area, they don't do a very good job of explaining what they do that makes them the best. They just say they are the best. They basically don't support their claims in any way so it makes it hard to believe that they are indeed the best. Like I said, I don't know anything about them so I can't argue one way or another and since they don't support their argument, it is hard to believe. I think internet ads are annoying but I guess it's possible that some of them out there are actually worth clicking in to.

1 comment:

  1. Smashin,

    I like how you picked out a pop up add as your advertisement. I am a little skeptical myself of how effective they are when everybody just automatically closes them once they pop. When i clicked on your link i did not get a popup but by reading your description it doesnt seem like a good popup at all. i would think their premise and conclusion would be very weak and does not really persuade the user to take any action. But since companies pay millions on online advertising. Maybe statistically its is effective. Or maybe it is only for brand recognition. But overall good job on the post even though your pop up did not work..should have taken a screeen shot.

    ReplyDelete