Friday, April 30, 2010

Mission Critical

For this discussion question, we had to visit a website called Mission Critical. I didnt really know what this website was going to be about so i was interested to check it out and see what i was in for. It turns out that this website was very much about breaking down different parts of arguments. First , it talked about the basics of an argument. It then discussed the different parts of an argument. Then, it gave an examples of all these different arguments and then they also analyzed all of the arguments to help explain whether the argument was a good one or not. After that, there was a different section that talked about fallacies and non fallacies as well as persuasion. This website was very descriptive in all aspects. It described everything very well and made everything much easier to understand. I thought it was a good website and it really helped me to understand these concepts better

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I felt the same way about the website too. I hadn’t really checked it out before so I didn’t really know what to expect. But I think in some ways it will help me understand a concept better than the book, because while I think it is helpful to read the book, sometimes it goes too in depth. Sometimes, like when I need to review one of the concepts before making a blog posting, or while I’m doing one of the assignments, I think it is more useful to use the website since it simplifies the information more by breaking it down into individual components.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought the website was well constructed. What I thought was most useful that the website and the book also do as well was giving a short summary of the concept, an example, and then explaining why the example fits into the concept. That for me was the most useful part of the website and also the organized outlined of the website. For the most part most of what you liked about the website I also liked. It was very interesting and gave a second source to what we are learning from the book. The basic concepts of an argument on this website are broken down very well.

    ReplyDelete